Thursday, April 29, 2010

X-Treme XB 508

I bought an XB508 for $200 with the batteries gone bad. I have some Toyota Prius battery modules I will be putting in soon. This scooter is very cheap. Construction quality is about a 3.5-4 out of 10.

I got a flat yesterday. My XB has 16x3.0 sized tires. This is of course an odd size so I did some searching around and some measuring. I figured that there had to be an alternative to buying more cheap tires from China. It seams that these tires are measured from the tire's outside diameter. Most tires in the US are measured from the wheel size that the tire fits. The ISO standard specifies that the tire should be measured from the inside of the tire bead and reported in mm. I will measure the wheel and report it here when I take the tire off tomorrow.

It seams that you can use a 3.0-12 inch tube and maybe even a 3.0-12 tire although it will be a tight fit. It can be hard to find one for the rear as it needs to have a bend in the valve stem. I ordered a 3.0-12 tube from my local scooter shop with a straight stem. I will probably need to move the front tube to the rear and put the tube I ordered in the front. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: